THIS YEAR'S CHOSEN CHARITY IS DERIAN HOUSE
(Posted on 12/03/19)
Derian House is renowned throughout the region as being at the forefront of children’s palliative and respite care and is celebrating their 25 year anniversary this year.
It costs £4 million a year to run Derian House and this money enables them to look after 350 families with:-
- 150 nights of Sunflower care and support in their sunflower rooms.
- 450 at home visits caring for a child in their own home
- 800 hours of pool fun in the hydrotherapy, family splash and little splashers sessions.
- 2100 night of respite care
- 500 days of day care
- 475 nights of families at the hospice
- 30 days of schools out – weekly club during school holidays
- 85 sessions of stay and play
- 80 day trips
- 60 hours of bereavement support
So please give generously at the dinner and as in previous years there will be a prize draw of £1000 sponsored by Reproflex 3.